Wednesday, January 25, 2006

This is better than a ribbon that says "Participant"

I may never be in the running for a Bloggie, but I'm not too terribly concerned about that. I feel, most days, like the poster girl for mediocrity in many aspects of life, and a bastion of mere adequateness has no need for such accolades.

Who needs the pressure, really, of thousands of fans and critics alternately telling me to "Write more!" or "Shut up!"? Not me. No sir.

Besides that, Darren's award categories are far more clever than any "official" ones I've seen. So forget about the Bloggies. I'm honored to be included among the recipients of the first annual "Look at Me. I'm So Important That I Won a Blog Award" Blog Awards. Thanks, Darren. I feel like I've just been invited to sit at the cool kids table.*


Very official-looking blog award


------------------
* The real cool kids, I mean--the smart, clever, interesting ones hanging out in some back corner of the cafeteria, totally unconcerned about what's going on at the table where everyone's in a jersey or a cheerleading skirt. That table was always more fun, as far as I'm concerned.

2 comments:

Poppy said...

Congratulations on the award win! Is there anyone you'd like to thank? God? The Academy? Phyllis Diller? :)

Stefanie said...

I'd like to thank YOU, Poppy. :-) You and everyone else who bothers to come back and see whatever I'm rambling about, even when I go a full week or so between posts. Oh, and as I stated in my acceptance speech at Darren's site, I'll also thank the people whose sole purpose, it seems, is to annoy me, since without them I might never have anything to write about.

Phyllis Diller has her contributions to society, too, I'm sure, but I think she's probably doing just fine without any thanks from me.