Sunday, July 10, 2005

Squirrelly

I've spent the last five minutes very intently watching a squirrel wrestling with a peanut butter jar outside my window. I'm not sure if this means I'm extremely easily amused or I'm just feeling too unmotivated to get dressed already and head outside for another fun day of paint scraping on my house. Probably a bit of both, I suppose.

The squirrel is pretty entertaining, though... I thought he had given up his futile attempt to shove himself inside far enough to get any peanut butter out of the near-empty jar... he stopped fighting it and laid down next to it, spooning the jar as if to make peace with it in the hopes that it would open up and share its last bits of contents with him. Then he got a second wind and stuck his head back inside, hopping along across my neighbors' backyard with the jar bobbing in front of him all the way.

Guess I should learn something about perseverence and dedication from the little dude.

Incidentally, I am not the litterbug who left a near-empty jar laying about outside for a squirrel to carry off. Just in case you were wondering.

No comments: