So, as with so many things in my life, I'm taking the lazy, half-assed approach and starting my own "Friday Five" feature instead. I realize that if I were truly to do this half-way, I should actually go with a "Saturday Six-and-a-Half" list, but coming up with something clever to be the "half" each week sounds even more daunting than the full thirteen. So Friday Five it is. Presumably I'll continue this each week until it's no longer interesting or amusing to me (which, if that Stillwater Homies idea I abandoned almost immediately is any indication, may be sooner rather than later--we shall see).
Anyway, here we go: the first of my Friday Fives...
Five things I have no idea why I remember
- What I was wearing the day my last two relationships ended.
- My high school locker combination (16-36-18).
- All the words to an extremely annoying and unfortunately infectious song from a kids' show I never even watched. The show was Lamb Chop's Play-Along (my little sister watched it; I was just, apparently, nearby); the song is This is the Song That Never Ends.
- The birthdays of at least half the people I have ever known (including ones I have not seen in over ten years).
- Large portions of two of the paragraphs we had to recite for pronunciation tests in Spanish II. The first goes, "Vacaciones! Esta es mi familia: mama, papa, mi hermano Diego, y yo. Soy la persona con la maleta," which essentially means, "Hey, we're on vacation! Here's my family: my mom, my dad, my brother Diego, and me. I'm the kid with the suitcase." The second one proclaims the wonders of an apparently impressively outfitted kitchen, and it starts, "Que cocina, eh? Dos estufas grandes..." That's all I remember, but really how much more do you need than "What a kitchen! Two big stoves..."?
Note: I realize that part of the point of the Thursday Thirteen meme is to be a member of the TT community and cross-link to find new blogs and direct more readers to your own blog. I couldn't find anything similar for a Friday Five (aside from a couple that post five questions to answer each week, which wasn't really what I wanted to do), but I don't particularly care about that anyway. If anyone is aware of kindred lazy spirits hooking up for an organized group of Friday Fivers, however, feel free to clue me in.