- Listened to my dad tell the same [not funny] joke no less than five times.
- Spent a full hour inside Storables, where my mother found herself as excited and enthusiastic about the unending storage solutions and household gadgets as the proverbial kid in a candy store.
- Consumed approximately 23,742 calories.
- And at least 17 alcoholic beverages.
- Met a brooding, ponytailed man who keeps the ashes of both his mother and his cat in his living room (and apparently likes to touch and talk to both from time to time as well).
- Drunk-emailed a fellow blogger at 3:20 a.m.
- Huddled under a canopy during a mid-party downpour with an entertaining Irishman, a Pole, and a
- Heard That's Amore** three times in the same evening (in two different establishments).
- Mowed my near knee-high lawn (in 95-degree heat) before the neighbors got a chance to report me to the city.
- Continued my battle against the massive ant underworld.
Things I did NOT do this Memorial Day weekend
- Finished (or, let's face it, even started) the lovely landscaping project I have in mind.#
- Cleaned my gutters, despite the fact that I recently noticed weeds sprouting out of one of them.
- Answered any of the prospective-online-date-related correspondence that's lingering in my Inbox.
- Joined my parents for a cousin's wedding (which was held in a middle school at 10:30 a.m. on a Sunday and which I therefore assume involved--ever so wrongly--no alcohol of any kind).
- Perused or applied for anything on any job-related web sites.
- Helped a good friend of mine paint her apartment, even though she asked very nicely.##
- Incorporated all major food groups into any one meal.
- Melted (thankfully, despite feeling like dissolving into a puddle was imminent).
- Wrote a proper post for this neglected blog of mine.
** Is anyone else a little disturbed that this song comes up under the lyrics for the White Chicks soundtrack before (or instead of) under the lyrics for Dean Martin songs?
# I'm working on it, Poppy! I'll get to it one of these days...
## I'm sorry, Carrie; really I am. I'll be there for you next favor, OK?)