- Whistling. Specifically, the whistling that two of my cohorts in That Place We Do Not Blog About do seemingly unconsciously and involuntarily as they stroll through the halls. We are not the goddamned seven dwarfs. I do not subscribe to the "whistle while you work" philosophy. Ordinarily this does not bother me so much. Like I said, unexpectedly persistent surliness has set in.
- The fact that it is nearly October and there is still cold air shooting out of the vent directly below my feet. It is the year 2007, and I live in a geographic region that is no stranger to seasonal temperature changes. Shouldn't we have indoor climate control figured out by now?
- People who insist on staying in the left lane of a two-lane highway and yet refuse to drive the speed limit. And by "speed limit," I mean at least five to seven miles per hour over the posted speed on said highway. But we've already covered this. I'm well aware I may have to find serenity somehow and admit defeat on that one.
- The fact that the awesome gift I ordered from an Etsy seller THIRTEEN DAYS AGO still has not arrived. Yes, yes, it is a Christmas gift and thus, there's no real urgency in receiving it. But still! Thirteen days!! Pony Express is faster than that!
- The fact that no matter what I eat and no matter how much I exercise, my ever-expanding midsection gets no less squashy. OK, that might imply I am actually successfully reeling in what I eat or working myself to exhaustion every time I exercise, when in fact, neither of those are particularly true. Anyone have any tips on this? Noelle? NPW? How do you do it--that whole willpower thing??
All right then. At the risk of making us all cranky and unpleasant and encouraging us all to wallow in unnecessary annoyance, what's bugging you today?