Sunday, March 20, 2005

About Me

Because I don't really like Blogger's built-in "about me" profile questions, here's my own "About Me" page.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I Like...
  • They Might Be Giants
  • REM
  • Indigo Girls
  • Elitist humor
  • Hostess chocolate cupcakes
  • Biting the edges off the sides of Kit Kat bars and Reeses peanut butter cups
  • Taco Bell
  • Expensive fancy flavored coffee drinks
  • Dark chocolate
  • Red wine
  • Libraries
  • The first four seasons of Gilmore Girls
  • The Simpsons
  • Target
  • Movies
  • Knitting
  • Yoga
  • Finding ways to make things for less money than I could buy them
  • When people spell my name correctly without having it pointed out to them
  • Board games (especially Balderdash and Catchphrase)


I don’t like…

  • Traffic lights that are on timers, rather than sensors
  • Toilet paper put on the roll facing back
  • When people call me on speakerphone
  • People who can’t figure out how to use an apostrophe
  • When people say “I could care less” when they really mean “I couldn’t care less”
  • Wal-Mart
  • Mushrooms
  • Eggs
  • Artificial cherry flavored anything
  • Beer
  • Stupid people
  • Most bumper stickers
  • Bad concert etiquette
  • PT Cruisers
  • Making big decisions (and little ones, when I know I have to live with them for a while)
  • Scary movies
  • Most radio morning shows
  • Bad grammar
  • Cooking
  • Cleaning
  • Presidents who think that God speaks through them (or who polarize the nation and then somehow have the arrogance to think they have a mandate)
  • People who use religion as an excuse for bigotry and closed-mindedness
  • Organized sports


I am…

  • A Wisconsinite, transplanted in Minneapolis
  • A single female home owner
  • A technical writer and editor
  • A self-professed grammar geek
  • Taller than most women
  • Addicted to lip balm
  • Horribly uncoordinated
  • Fairly stubborn
  • Rather opinionated
  • Often way too analytical
  • A very fast talker

2 comments:

Andy McDermott said...

Yes, but in the US almost everyone says "I could care less" when they mean "I couldn't care less" ... I tiik it to be part of the dialect.

Stefanie said...

That may be so, but forgive me if I refuse to take an "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" stance where linguistics and usage are concerned. A thousand people doing something wrong doesn't make it right!