Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I'm just Steffie* from the block

12:10 step class at the health club today... The instructor was wearing this:



I was wearing something like this:



So, coincidentally, was the woman directly next to me. And since she just happened to position herself for class in the spot behind and to the left of the instructor, and I slid into class late and grabbed the spot behind and to the right of the instructor, we pretty much looked like her backup dancers.

Our instructor is no Jennifer Lopez, but I still say I don't need that kind of pressure. I'm uncoordinated enough on my own without having some ridiculous wardrobe coordination make me the focus of everyone's attention in the front mirrors.

At one point, I missed a step, and my doppelganger--apparently watching the wrong tall brunette with black-rimmed glasses--stumbled in error as well. Maybe I should have stuck to the elliptical trainer today.


---------------------------------------
* Please don't ever call me "Steffie." The only reason I wrote this is that Stefanie has too many syllables for this line to work and my J.Lo references are extremely limited.

No comments: