Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Miracle schmiracle

I fully realize this is the wrong reaction seeing as it's the miracle of life and all, but I can't help but look at the young pregnant woman in my yoga class and think, "Honey, what a damn shame. You had one of the flattest, firmest stomachs I've seen in real life. Why'd you want to go and do a thing like that to mess it up?"

As I said, I realize this is the wrong reaction. In my defense, however, at least I didn't voice the sentiment out loud (or, I didn't voice it out loud to the expectant mother; I did of course have to share the thought with my good friend and yoga partner, Lisa). I'd like to think this is a sign that the mental goalie who's been missing in action for so very many scenarios in my life thus far (the little guy in my brain who's supposed to deflect the inappropriate thoughts before they make their way from my mind to my mouth) had finally checked back in. More likely, however, it was just a lucky fluke. We'll see how long it lasts.

Still, though, if yoga girl isn't using her nearly concave abdomen, couldn't I just borrow it for a while?

No comments: