Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Plastic not-so-fantastic

News flash: The fact that a particular food storage container is microwaveable doesn't necessarily mean its accompanying plastic lid is.

Do what this information what you will.

I'm now going to take my chances and hope that no mysterious toxins leaked into my lunch as a small hole bubbled and burned its way into the lid just centimeters above it. I don't have a backup lunch, so I'm deciding that a potentially poisoned lunch is better than no lunch at all.

I'm as bad as those men on the first Gladware commercials, whose wives made them rest their hand on the "good container" that held their lunch and take an oath that they would bring the container back promptly and in the same condition that it left. That lid is not coming back home with me tonight. Clearly this is just one of many reasons I'd make a terrible husband.

No comments: