Sunday, December 10, 2006

What I think of first, when I think of you

(Stolen from Mighty Girl, who I can only assume actually sanctions such idea-lifting, since she wrote a whole book of them for us to use)


Jamie has an unwavering conviction that all shoes and purses must be black.

Mike can grab onto a street sign, lift up his legs, and hold his body perpendicular to the ground. He has several undoctored photos to serve as proof.

Sena once told me that she "collects people." But not in a creepy way.

Amy is the tallest woman I know, and she has never looked the slightest bit self-conscious about it.

Lisa is an amazing parallel parker. And she can do restaurant math, too.

Carrie flies in the face of convention with inexplicable grace and confidence.

Doug didn't believe it really does rain nine months a year in Seattle. Oh, how unfortunately wrong he feels now.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a friend in college who could hang from street signs like that too!

It sounds like you have cool and interesting friends (assuming these are your friends and not random people).

Anonymous said...

This is so nice! Oh, to be like Carrie...

Stefanie said...

R--They are all friends or former friends. :-) (Very few of my real-life friends read this, but, um, if you fall into that "real-life" category and you know about this site, then you aren't one I'm considering a "former." Just in case there was any concern about that.)

GG--I know!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Thanks Stef. This will be my secret inner mantra whenever need a boost. Remind me to ask you why it's inexplicable. :) Who is Sena?

Also, as a representative of your real-life friends, I think there are plenty of us who read your blog. I count on it as something enjoyable to do over lunch at work. Just so you know! No pressure.

Stefanie said...

Carrie--It's inexplicable because I can't explain it, of course! :-) And Sena is a friend from high school who I lost touch with a year or two after college.

Anonymous said...

I used to have a friend who could do the restaurant math. It's amazing how having that ability will get you invited to many events even if you're otherwise not wanted. A skill I wish I had.

Stefanie said...

Noelle--Hm. I think I would rather bring a calculator than invite a friend I do not like just because she has mad math skillz. Luckily, Lisa is generally fun to be around regardless of her math prowess.

Anonymous said...

Before I moved to Seattle a friend sent me a web link to a government page that showed Seattle has the second highest suicide rate in the US (Salt Lake City is #1. See what no alcohol will do to you?) I should have put 2 and 2 together. Nine months of rain.... high suicide rate... Except some jumpers aren't too smart. One woman brought traffic to a halt as she contemplated jumping from the 520 bridge. This is a bridge that is all of 40 feet off the water at its peak. With a lot of coaxing from some pretty pissed off motorists she eventually jumped, and was pulled from the water unharmed. I'm learning to appreciate the region.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Stef, that makes me seem like a Puritan. :)

What I think of first when I think of you: Stef will probably have a reaction to this, so let me communicate it to her. (I'd better ensure I'm using spell-check, though!)