Sunday, April 10, 2005

Maybe someday lip balm and clumsiness will save my life, too

Many a friend has mocked me over the years for my lip balm addiction, and my reply has always been, "Until there's a lip balm ward at Hazelden, I'm not too worried about it." But lo--it never occurred to me that lip balm could save one's life.

In addition to being a lip balm addict, I'm also rather clumsy--dropping things and running into walls and furniture and such far more frequently than an able-bodied adult should. Somehow it's nice to know that being a spaz can be beneficial at certain opportune times.

OK, so the odds of my needing to dodge a stray bullet in any of the neighborhoods I frequent are pretty slim (and I'm not saying I want to dodge one just to prove a point or anything), but still...

No comments: