Monday, October 10, 2005

Feel the Stefanie

The title of this blog comes from the only song I've ever heard that has my name in it: "Stephanie Says" by Velvet Underground. (It's also the name of a band, but I don't know a whole lot about them.)

If only I had come across the Slogan Generator several months ago, who knows what I might have called my site instead. Consider the possibilities...
  • Feel the Stefanie
  • Let the Stefanie Begin
  • Easy, Breezy, Beautiful Stefanie
  • My Goodness, My Stefanie
  • Better Living through Stefanie
  • All Stefanie, All the Time
It's kind of fun to watch the Slogan Generator get all gushy over me, suggesting such flattering and self-assured lines as "I'd Walk a Mile for Stefanie" or "You Need a Stefanie" (I mean, who doesn't?).

But then there were the entirely bizarre suggestions I wasn't really sure what to do with... Like "8 out of 10 Owners Who Expressed a Preference Said Their Cats Preferred Stefanie" or "If You Really Want to Know, Look in the Stefanie."

I got a bit uncomfortable and had to stop playing when Mr. Slogan Generator's suggestions began bordering on the dirty and perverse...
  • Have a Stefanie and Smile
  • Snap into a Stefanie
  • Nobody Does it Like Stefanie
  • Give That Man a Stefanie
  • Stefanie Really Satisfies
  • Stefanie Comes to Those Who Wait
  • The Incredible Edible Stefanie
  • Bet You Can't Eat Just Stefanie
Ewww. I'm not that kind of girl. Really. If ever I decide to supplement my income by creating an entirely different kind of site, however, I guess I know where to turn for the initial inspiration.

No comments: