(Oh. And a note to all you happily coupled types out there? I fully realize there's a valid and advantageous counterpart to every one of these on my list, but that's really not what I want to focus on right now, OK?)
- I don't remember the last time I saw a mindless action adventure movie (or a traumatizing horror movie) against my will.
- My gift-buying budget is significantly smaller than that of my not-single friends. Moreover, my budget in general is mine and mine alone to discuss. Sure, a second person chipping in for the bills would be nice, but I don't have to clear it with anyone else if I want new shoes.
- Seriously, no one but me cares what I shave or how often I shave it.
- I genuinely like having a good amount of down-time on my own, and I very much value activities with my friends as well. Having no boyfriend to whom to allot any chunk of my time helps guarantee ample time for both of those.
- I have only my own family and my own social and work obligations to worry about. I'm not expected to tag along to anyone else's as well.