- Bought a pumpkin not for ornamental purposes. Did you know you can actually slice up and eat those things? OK, you probably did. But have you ever actually done it? I had not. Thanks to Noelle for the inspiration on that.
- Attempted to make a 40s-esque hair accessory from a pair of fishnet stockings. Incidentally, it is not as easy to make your own snood as I thought it might be. Live and learn. I'm not quite as crafty as I'd hoped, I guess.
- Curled my stubbornly stick-straight hair for the first time in three years. In lieu of the snood, I thought I'd try for some Rita Hayworth-type waves for Saturday's vintage-dress wedding. Unfortunately, the rainy and unseasonably humid weather turned those waves back into my usual straight and lifeless locks in 15 minutes flat. Oh well. For a few brief moments before I left my house, it looked like this! Pretty, no?
- Read something I wrote in front of 300+ people I do not know. Incidentally, it went mostly well (aside from my annoying inability to keep my hands and legs from shaking noticeably the whole time). Thank you all again for your fine suggestions for my speech. I will post it tomorrow; I promise.
- Drank damn-near my weight in gin and tonics and yet woke up with only the slightest of headaches or hangover. Maybe sticking to one drink for the entire night really is the key. It should not have taken me 12 years as a legal drinker to figure this out.
- Turned on my window AC units on October 7. OCTOBER 7! I shouldn't even still have the AC units in my windows this late in the year; it really shouldn't be hot and stuffy enough in my house to need them. Maybe now we will all start listening to Al Gore? Good lord.
Sunday, October 07, 2007
Who am I?
It was a bit of an unusual weekend around here. Let's talk about the several unlikely or out-of-character things I've done recently, shall we? In the past two days, I...