- I like to visit IMDB every day just to see whose birthday it is and how old various celebrities are. I can tell I have been doing this for over a year, because I am starting to see names in the birthday box that I remember seeing before and thinking, "Oh that's right. She's the same age as I am" or "I still can't believe he's five years younger than me. No way."
- When I put in a DVD, I like to check what the special features are before I actually watch the movie. I don't select any of the special features before watching (hell, much of the time I don't even select them after watching the movie). For some reason, though, I just want to know what's there.
- I cannot remember at what temperature Fahrenheit freezing occurs. I know this is a very basic piece of information that 90% of third graders know. For some reason, my brain is incapable of retaining the data.
- I frequently don't get my hair cut until I'm already at least three weeks overdue for a cut. It isn't the money; it isn't that I'm so in love with the straggly and frayed ends. It is that for some reason, I hate calling to make appointments for anything. If I could do these sorts of thing online without ever speaking to a human, I would be happy. I also hate making idle small-talk with the stylist. Somehow I doubt the Internet can do anything to help me with that.
- At least three times a week, usually while filling my water bottle, a song from an old Sesame Street clip pops into my head and stays there for a few minutes. It was a song all about the wonders and benefits of drinking water, and the clip featured all sorts of live-action footage of people enjoying water in various settings and forms. I have searched unsuccessfully for this clip online, but I can find no evidence that it ever existed. Does anyone but me remember this?
When it's hot and you're thirsty
And your throat is dry
Reach for the refreshment
That comes to you from the sky!
Drink wa-terrrrrr! (Wa-terrrrrrrr!)
Come on, give it a try!
If I knew you in person, I would sing this for you to prove that I even remember the tune for this song no one else can recall. Aren't you glad you don't know me in person now?