It does feel good to be so very busy and productive and social butterfly-like lately, but frankly there is a shelf life on this sort of lifestyle for me. If I wanted to sacrifice all of my precious sitting-around time (not to mention all of my expendable income), I'd have a child or something.
- Mowed my lawn for the first time this spring. (My sexist mower started on the ninth pull, a new record for first mow of the season. It must have heard me claim that George Bush wants me to buy an electric start mower with my "What Recession?" check. The damn thing knows it's on thin ice this year.)
- Aerated said lawn and attempted to patch some bare spots as well. (Look at me pretending I know how to make things grow! Regardless, I have a feeling in June I'll be cursing what I'm convinced is placebo grass seed yet again.)
- Incurred an injury cleaning my bathroom.
- Spent three hours making and frosting cupcakes for my good friend Amy's birthday, only to be shut down by the cake Nazis at the roller rink (who have decided that you can bring cake to a birthday party only if you've officially registered your party as a birthday party. Hrmph.)
- Survived three hours at a roller rink without falling or knocking over any wobbly or ill-mannered children on skates. (Again, I didn't fall at all while roller skating, but I incurred an injury cleaning my bathroom.)
- Ate banned cake in a parking lot in the rain.
- Attended MSP's first Ghetto Gourmet event.
- Did a bit more basement-project-related cleaning, painting, and Mod Podging.
- Had a Mother's Day brunch with my two sisters while our mother was all by herself back at home.
- Painfully jammed my finger rinsing a dish at said brunch. (Did I mention I also injured myself cleaning my bathroom? As I whimpered to myself after the dish-rinsing incident, I had to cry, "WHY do I keep hurting myself in such stupid ways?!?")
- Finally hung the over-the-door storage shelf I've had sitting in my kitchen for over a month, and the battery-operated light I bought for my closet two months ago as well.
- Managed to stab a small hole in my kitchen floor with a drill bit while hanging that storage shelf. Realized (two days too late) that this weekend was not the best weekend for me to try to be handy.
- Did the usual weekend laundry and grocery shopping and Target-going thing. (Managed to accomplish all of those tasks without incident or bloodshed.)
On an entirely different note, tomorrow shall be a very exciting day at Stefanie Says, as I'll be hosting a guest post from a good friend who's no stranger to several of you as well. This isn't Blog Share, so it won't be an anonypost, but I'll let you wait until tomorrow to find out who'll be posting anyway. Oooh, a mystery. Can you think of a more fun way to start the week? I sure can't, but then, I've been hurting myself completing routine household chores. Apparently any change from the norm is a welcome one for me.