Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Actually, I identify more with a well-placed semi-colon

I've seen this quiz all over the dang place lately, but I was hesitant to be a joiner and take it because, frankly, I sleep alone, and I don't need to be reminded that a big chunk of the rest of the population doesn't. I don't need to see a line drawing assessment of the ideal pose for me and my honey because honey, it's just me in the bed.

Still, eventually I got curious (and bored), so I clicked the link. Turns out I'm a colon.

I am a colon!
Find your own pose!


I'm going to assume that's colon as in punctuation and not colon as in large intestines because, well, even if neither makes a particular amount of sense, the latter is just a bit gross.

In any case, while I don't really grasp the relevance of most of the quirky questions in this quiz, I'm almost convinced Evany is onto something, because this? This is pretty much spot-on.

Colon Traits and Tendencies: The Colon is the chosen pose of individuals who, on their own, seem awkward or remote. They may be the sort who responds to telephone messages with email, or spends their lunchtimes quietly pedometer-walking in lieu of socializing with coworkers. But when a Colonist finds its mate, together they acquire a grace and ease that surprises friends and family.

In addition, I do, incidentally, often curl up much like the lady on the left in that picture, but I had no idea it said something about me as a person. Seriously, this is a little creepy. I'm starting to wonder again if I'm being watched.

8 comments:

Poppy said...

STO-len.

Stefanie said...

Nonsense. You can't "steal" something that's readily out there for everyone to share. No worries; have at it. :-)

Darren said...

I guess I'm a paper doll? Um. Okay, I guess.

Also, that was just about the strangest quiz I've ever taken.

Anonymous said...

Stefanie, you know I'm not normally the skeptical one, but in this case, all I have to say is, "Whatever!"

According to the quiz, my pose is The Seatbelt:

After a long night of The Seatbelt pose (and Seatbelts do sleep close to ten hours a night, quite a bit longer than the typical seven and a half), couples wake feeling warm, safe, and uniquely free of doubt. Regular doses of the pose can elevate Seatbelters to a new level of personal confidence, which buoys them to great heights in love and at the gym and can lead to plum promotions and camera time.

Yeeeah, I guess I'll try that pose!

Anonymous said...

Although I do agree that the results are eerily accurate for you! (-:

Anonymous said...

I was the Tetherball. WTF? But I really did love tetherball in elementary school.

-R- said...

I am a tobaggon? That sounds dirty.

Stefanie said...

That "equipment" question wasn't even the most bizarre of the questions (or answers--"baby fur"? baby WHAT fur??). I kind of liked that one, though, because it could just as easily be talking about sporting equipment or home-improvement tools as alluding to something dirty.

And speaking of dirty, yeah, R, I saw the picture for that pose on Poppy's site. I'm making no further comment on that.