Friday, October 20, 2006

Friday Five: Phoning it in last-minute style

Despite the fact that I took the whole day off work to allow myself ample time to pack and prepare for my early evening flight, I'm still finding myself scrambling at the very last minute to wrap things up and head out of here. This happens invariably every time I do this. I leisurely putter about, thinking, "I have the WHOLE DAY," and then somehow, eight free hours turns into four, which turns into two, which turns into me logging in to Blogger in my last 20 minutes before departure to quickly rattle out what is likely my lamest Friday Five to date.

Sorry about that. For whatever it's worth, here we go.

Five things I did while I should have been packing, cleaning, and doing various other pre-travel preparatory tasks

  1. Slept in far longer than necessary.
  2. Watched The View. (I didn't get up early enough for Ellen.)
  3. Balanced my checkbook and paid my cable, credit card, and electric bills.
  4. Decided I needed a black hoodie; made a last-minute trip to Target in an attempt to find one.
  5. Wrote this pretty much pointless little blog post.

And now I'm off to New York for a few days of shopping, eating, and likely walking until my toes fall off. Have a great weekend, everyone, and I'll catch you next week.

6 comments:

-R- said...

Have a fabulous time in NY!

Red said...

Have a great time! Are you going to see Darren and Miss Peach? Because everyone should.

ePixie29 said...

Stef - please don't self-hate in your blog. We love what you have to say even if you think it's pointless.

Have a great time in NY!

Anonymous said...

Hee! Have so so so much fun! I'm sorry Philly isn't closer! I love the word hoodie.

stinkypaw said...

Hope you had (are having) a great weekend in NY! Fun! fun! fun!

Stefanie said...

Thanks, everyone. I did have a great time. Photos and stories forthcoming...

Red--Yes, I did! And you're right; everyone should. :-)

ePixie--You're sweet. Thanks. I will try to rein in the negativity and self-loathing.