Thursday, August 16, 2007

Blame August

Well then. I was feeling a bit dramatic on Monday, wasn't I? I actually shouldn't put that in past tense, as I'm definitely still out-of-sorts, but I haven't spontaneously started crying in close to 15 hours now, so let's call that progress, shall we?

Truthfully, it's more than just the "sucky hell of August" (as Liz said) or "the summer malaise" (as Nancypearlwannabe dubbed it). I can name a few very real and [I think] logical sources for the current funk; I just don't want to get into them here right now.

So the blog hiatus (bliatus, if you will) is still in effect, but meanwhile, I had to share this: proof that it's not just me (or, just me, Liz, and NPW). August is to blame! Down with August, we say!

I love a convenient but intangible scapegoat, don't you?

9 comments:

lizgwiz said...

I read that article, too. I THINK the "Yes!" and the fist pump were just in my mind, but who knows? ;)

L Sass said...

Don't worry, it will be September soon!

Jarod said...

August does seem to have a cruel streak. It was named after the Roman Emperor Augustus, but perhaps it should have been named after Nero, or the IRS. Hang in there!

Noelle said...

That article is so true. August is like a month you just wade through. I haven't done anything productive, and the garden is either dying or completely overgrown. I hope things pick up for you soon, but if not, you're right, September is just around the corner!

-R- said...

Glad you're feeling a tiny bit better.

Anonymous said...

Sigh. I'm with you on this one. I've been in a terrible mood and so antsy, worried about how much stuff I need to get done before school starts but unwilling to do anything about it. We can totally make it to September, though- I have faith in us!

Anonymous said...

I hate the month of August. I can't wait till September. Summer can take a flying leap. Fall is my season.

Red said...

I know you'll be back! And you're right, there may be something about August.

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

I'm very angry with Bloglines, because I just got your last two posts today. That's not cool Bloglines!

Anyway, I hope you're back with us soon (kind of hypocritical, I suppose, since I'm one of those "on a break"). I pretty much hate August too. Gonna be tough to write my Monthly Musing, I tell you ;)