Saturday, December 01, 2007

It's like a sickness at this point

For some reason, I actually felt compelled to stop in today to say, "I don't have to post today!!"

Also, it is snowing. The weather people are getting everyone riled up as though it will be the storm of the century. I am pretty sure people are running out for supplies and then changing all plans so they can stay holed up in their homes all weekend. Me? I'm going out. Because I throw caution to the wind like that. Oh, and because No Coast is today. I didn't get my picture in the paper before it this year, but I intend to stop in anyway. If you are a "real life" friend, there's a good chance you're getting a clever little hand-made gift for Christmas that I shall be purchasing today. Hope you like it!

Buy local; buy often, as they say.

9 comments:

Aaron said...

It is like a sickness; I can't believe I committed to blogging all 31 days in December, too. My brain is going to break, but it should make for an entertaining meltdown.

Congrats again -- especially for making it 31 in a row!

The Other Girl said...

It's snowing here too, but I'm staying in. Seattle snow makes people lose their minds and any vestige of driving ability they may once have possessed.

Whiskeymarie said...

Hey, I went to No-coast on Friday. Did you get anything good?

-R- said...

How was it? I wanted to go but did not want to brave the snow.

Stefanie said...

Aaron--I can't believe you committed to that either! Your ambition exceeds mine; that's for sure.

TOG--I have a friend who lives in Seattle and he's said the same thing. He grew up in Minnesota so knows how to drive in snow, but he constantly complains that no one else in Seattle does.

WM and R--I actually didn't find much I wanted to buy this year. :-( Plenty of cool stuff there, of course, but nothing really called to me as gifts for my friends. I could have spend a couple hundred dollars on myself pretty easily, but I managed to restrain myself.

Jess said...

But see, this WAS a post. And an interesting one. Isn't it so fun to do it when you don't feel like you HAVE to do it?

Anonymous said...

Did you win anything from NaBlo?! That's two years in a row I got jack for posting every day. Except the love of my loyal readers, of course.

L Sass said...

I am jealous--No Coast sounds cool!

Although I did get an awesome hat at the Union Square Holiday Crafts Market right here in NYC last weekend!

Stefanie said...

Jess--Well, thank you for that. :-) And yes, I suppose it is more fun when you don't HAVE to do it, though mainly it just felt strange that I DID still feel like I had to do it!

NPW--No, I won squat again this year. :-( Nothing but the lousy sense of accomplishment Noelle mentioned.

L Sass--It is a cool event. I just wish I'd gotten some Christmas shopping done there!