Thursday, January 01, 2009

Books I've Read in 2009

* = Loved it
^ = Hated it
~ = Enjoyed it enough to mark in some way, but "love" is such a very strong word

____________________________________

  1. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
  2. Who by Fire by Diana Spechler ~/*
  3. Persuasion by Jane Austen
  4. A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby ~
  5. The Man of My Dreams by Curtis Sittenfeld
  6. Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex by Mary Roach ~
  7. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith ~
  8. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger (re-read)
  9. The Dud Avocado by Elaine Dundy
  10. Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell (abandoned out of boredom, but only after reading 3/4 of it, so it's still going on the damn list)
  11. American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld

3 comments:

steve said...

Not that you asked, but I recommend "Until I Find You", by John Irving.

Anonymous said...

I'm even worst than you. I just NOW started that ridiculous teenage vampire series. Finished book one - onto book two!

-R- said...

Have you read other books by Nick Hornby? I love About A Boy. His others are ok, but not as great, I think.