Thursday, March 09, 2006

Continuing my theory that dating is an awful lot like work

Dear [latest guy to be eliminated from the My Matches list],

Thank you for applying for the position of Stefanie's new boyfriend. We appreciate your time and interest during the screening and interview process.

I'm sure you understand that we are currently evaluating several qualified candidates for this position. While we believe you may have a number of worthy credentials (including your respect for proper grammar, your interest in art, and your affinity for online library reservation systems), we've determined that your actual personality is not a good fit for Stefanie at this time.

Please accept our best wishes, and good luck in your continued search.

Sincerely,
The Search Committee Management

2 comments:

Poppy said...

Oh, I agree, he sounds a little dull.

Stefanie said...

Um, I actually didn't even mention the reasons I found him a bit dull... The grammar and library stuff were really plusses from my point of view! Yes, I'm a huge nerd, I realize.