Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I'm sure my Mensa membership card is just lost in the mail

For months now, I've been baffled by the logo on the cartons of non-dairy creamer and artificial sweetener in the kitchen at work. The brand logo reads "N[heart]Joy," but it's unclear to me whether the heart is supposed to be an apostrophe, a hyphen, a letter "o," or just a meaningless bullet of some sort. For whatever reason, I've been leaning towards "letter o," which means the brand name, as far as I can tell, is "No Joy."

True, I thought--dry powdered particles of partially hydrogenated oils and corn syrup solids aren't particularly healthy or joyful, but to point that out seems an odd sales tactic nonetheless.

Only today did I actually sound the logo out in my head and realize they probably mean "Enjoy."

Yeah, I'm pretty quick sometimes. Obviously I'm a marketing director's worst nightmare.

2 comments:

Jasclo said...

I'm with you. That doesn't sound very clear!

Anonymous said...

That's why companies like that need to employ people like us! Today I saw that Northwest's Web site is www.nwa.com. REALLY, GUYS?!