Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Proofreading: It's not just for English majors

What's the appropriate thing to do when a co-worker includes an unintentionally hilarious typo in an e-mail message to the company's tech support personnel? Forward it to half the rest of the company, of course. And what's the appropriate thing for someone within that "half the rest of the company" to do if that someone happens to have a blog? Post it on the Internet for the rest of you to enjoy, of course.

Can you blame me?


From: [devious co-worker]
To: Stefanie; [miscellaneous other co-workers]
Subject: FW: Help with my computer


Look what kind of software [name redacted] wants installed on his computer.

----------[forwarded message]----------

From: [name redacted]
To: [tech support guy]
CC: [devious co-worker]; [company president]
Subject: Help with my computer

[tech support guy],

As I indicated yesterday, I need your help with the following things:

1. Install dick burning software on my computer.
2. Install software that will convert documents to PDF format.
3. Adjust the sensitivity of the mouse pad on my notebook.


Ouch. Somehow I think that once he's accomplished #1, the sensitivity of his mouse pad is likely to be the least of his problems.

On a brighter note (grammar geek-wise), at least he used a colon correctly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just peed a little bit. OH my god, that's awesome.

Poppy said...

kehehehehehe :P

If I had received that message I would just correct the typo when I responded, but since it's not my client I'm enjoying the ability to just laugh in the client's face.

Anonymous said...

Can't...stop...laughing

Mair said...

Oh, dear lord. That is fantastic.

Annnd now I'm laughing at my desk at work. Good job, self. Just keeping the inappropriate-work theme going!