Thursday, June 08, 2006

A New Hope is actually exactly what I need

I really can't believe I'm pulling out a Star Wars reference here... there are many things about which I am a dork (see previous entry for several examples), but Star Wars fanaticism is not one of them. Still, a few minutes ago, it actually occurred to me to wish Obi-Wan would pop in for a visit and pull a Jedi mind trick on me. Except instead of "These are not the droids you're looking for," I'd want him to say, "You don't want seconds on birthday treats" or "No thanks; no more sugar for you."

I do realize, of course, that just developing some willpower of my own would be a whole lot easier than expecting a Jedi Knight to come and solve this problem for me. But that wouldn't be nearly as interesting.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go double-over in pain as the custard-filled donut I had at 10:00, the chocolate chip muffin and vanilla latte I had at 11:00, and the leftover pizza I had at 2:00 all continue the battle they've apparently waged upon each other inside my colon. I'm pretty sure there are mini-lightsabers involved. And a whole lot of kicking and jumping. Ugh.

I really should eat a vegetable or something once in a while.

6 comments:

Red said...

What are these "vegetables" of which you speak?

Anonymous said...

Vegetables can make you cramp up like that, too. I vote for being a dessertitarian.

-R- said...

I was doing well today until I thought of Culvers. And then I could not resist. Darn you, Culvers!!!!

Stefanie said...

Ah, Red. I should have known you'd be with me on that. (You were, after all, the one who agreed with me that red wine totally counts as a fruit serving.)

And Malia--Yeah, I know about the vegetables causing similar problems... not from experience, but because I saw it on a Simpsons episode once. ;-) I think the key is probably balance. Yeah, I'll get right on that. Sure.

R--Mmmmmm... Custard. (You have to say that in a Homer Simpson voice for full effect.) I don't go to Culvers much, but damn it definitely is unavoidable sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't call my self a fanatic either, but I was born in 1975, so this movie will always be a part of me.

All that to say, there have been many times in my adult life in which I've wished I owned a lightsaber.

Guinness_Girl said...

Willpower? What the hell is THAT? NO FUN, I tell ya...as I sip my second glass of wine from the bottle I'm consuming solo tonight. Snicker.