This got me thinking about tiny claims to fame or almost-fame, and I decided that a "brush with greatness" list would make a good Friday Five. (Remember when I used to do those every week? Yeah, so do I. It's hard to come up with a new list topic every week! YOU try it for 94 weeks in a row!)
Anyway, so I decided to make a list. Unfortunately, I came up with only four items to put on it. Know what that means? One of these is a lie. Can you guess which one? There will be no prizes, but feel free to guess your little hearts out anyway.
Four Mini Claims to Fame (and one that's just great ol' big lie)
- My friend Amy designed the Summit beer label.
- My friend Carrie once had a poem published in Sassy.
- My friend Tina's brother had a brief role on the WB gem What I Like About You.
- I once got to join Ben Folds on the piano at First Avenue (in a lucky "volunteer from the audience" moment).
- My friend Jenny's grandpa named Rocky Road ice cream.
It's an interactive Friday Five! Let's play!