Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mid-week post of no import

So it looks like I'll be regaling you with even more dating stories come November. Thank you to everyone who voted in the poll. I thought perhaps those stories had grown tiresome, but it seems where my social awkwardness is concerned at least 26 of you are a tireless bunch. I may actually still do a more true-to-the-original take on that x365 idea at some point. Or, you know, I may forget all about it, just as I apparently did the last three letters of the Encyclopedia of Me. Time will tell.

Of course, I still haven't officially signed up for NaBloPoMo, which means I could still back out. (Changing mind, woman's prerogative and all that.) I have this possibly misguided and overly optimistic idea, however, that once I've decided to do it, I will DO it, despite my lax participation on the Internet of late. Then again, I decided to clean out my closet last weekend, and the unfinished remains of that project are still strewn about several rooms of my home, taunting me and my lack of stick-to-itiveness, so maybe I'm not so against abandoning my best intentions after all. I am inherently lazy(ish)... Hmm. Perhaps I should give this some more thought.

Speaking of laziness, I did manage to overcome that long enough to finally put in a few volunteer hours for the Obama campaign last night. Those of you in Minnesota, when you receive a flyer on your doorknob next week reminding you to vote, be aware that yours truly might have counted that very flyer out and bundled it in stacks to be delivered to your neighborhood. That's pretty exciting, I know. Almost makes you want to keep it forever, rather than recycle it Tuesday evening, right? What? If I told you that flyer was possibly touched not just by me, but by one of the regulars from "Crairie Pome Hompanion," THEN would you be more impressed? No? No crazed NPR nerds here? OK then. That said, "ue-Say ott-Scay" did spend her evening sorting and collating along with us common people last night, presumably of her own accord as a concerned and active Democrat, not just as a local celebrity. I'm sure the Homegrown Democrat she works for would be proud.

Let's see. What else? Well, I am both pleased and sad to report that there will be no more stories about my least favorite coworker, because as of last week she is no longer my coworker. Luckily, I can confidently say that her release had nothing to do with the big scary mess with the economy that we keep hearing about and had everything to do with her being an insufferable and near-useless drama queen. So yay for that, though boo to the fact that I'm now stuck doing about half of the work she previously did poorly.

Speaking of which, my Lean Cuisine tray is empty and my lunch break is just about up, so I'd best be getting back to that. What's new with all of you this fine Wednesday?

12 comments:

3carnations said...

Yay for 30 dating stories (possibly).

What's new with me...Um 3 IV courses of steroids coming up. That's all.

Noelle said...

I'm trying to encourage everyone to join me in not doing NaBloPoMo. I'd so much rather the internet focus on making posts good rather than frequent. Also, it's just not what it used to be when we all started on the first one.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'm doing the NaBloPoMo thing this year. Call me a rebel. Mostly it's because I still do not have internet at home, and posting on the weekend has literally become a multi-hour experience.

I have nothing of note to share, alas.

Sauntering Soul said...

I am still on the fence about NaBloPoMo (partially because I'm already getting tired of typing out "NaBloPoMo").

Seems there is a trend of annoying co-workers getting the boot. My life has been so much better for the past week since "Sally" was told to leave. And so far I've had no less than 6 people come in and ask me how she reacted when it happened and when I told each of them that she was calm every single one of their little mouths fell open because no one could believe she didn't cause a huge scene. One of those people was the HR director.

lizgwiz said...

Go, you little campaign worker bee, you!

Lately? I'm just counting down the days 'til it's over. I think I'm getting an ulcer. Why, oh why do I work for Republicans?

shelleycoughlin said...

I think I may be a no-go on the NaBlo. I haven't completely decided, but damn if I am not feeling especially lazy about blogging lately.

Then again: PRIZES.

Mickey said...

Lazy? Those few volunteer hours put you ahead of most of the rest of us. Go you!

Anonymous said...

I joined NaBloPoMo a few months ago, planning to do it in November, but now that November is only two days away, I think I'd rather just lie around and do nothing.

Maddie said...

I miss working for a company that can afford a microwave. Who knew I would miss Lean Cuisines?

Courtney said...

I will be joining you in NaBlo, missy. Don't you go pulling an NPW and back out, now.

Tress said...

My own blogging life came into being LAST NaBloPoMo, mainly out of sheer rage at its life-sucking presence in certain of my friends' lives. Read on:

http://tress-aficionada.blogspot.com/2007/11/human-contact-is-so-last-season.html

One year later, I am still not a fan of this beast. For much less petty reasons, though - it just seems impossible to do it and make it quality. I say pass.

Aaron said...

I'm with Micky on this one; your volunteer work cancels out any closet-related laziness. GObama!

And don't back out of NaBlo now! If I'm making the time, everyone should. Because I'm the center of the universe.

(NB: Not really.)