Despite occasional evidence to the contrary, I'd still say I'm not really all about the memes, but I noticed the other day that Poppy tagged me for this one, and since I've never been tagged before, I feel compelled to comply. So here we go. Last week it was fours; this week it's fives; either way, it's random information you may or may not have any interest in learning about me. Enjoy.
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Realizing I'd had enough of drunk 19 year olds vomiting in the community shower, and deciding therefore that it was time to say goodbye to life as a Resident Assistant and move off campus for my final year of school.
What were you doing a year ago?
Turning down a very nice guy who I just wasn't into... something I felt significantly less bad about when he plagiarized the "Dear John" e-mail I sent him and used it to turn down a friend of mine a few months later. This is an excellent story that I sooooo want to tell, but out of a modicum of respect for the people involved, I'll refrain from posting it publicly on the Internet.
(Update: Scratch that. Apparently I decided it was OK to write about this after all.)
Five snacks you enjoy
1. Seven-Layer Burritos from Taco Bell
2. Corn dogs (I know hot dogs are disgusting, but Mmmmm... corn dogs)
3. Kettle corn
4. Ben & Jerry's Half-Baked frozen yogurt
5. Sweet & Salty Honey Nut Chex Mix
Five songs to which you know all the words
1. Galileo, by Indigo Girls (and Closer to Fine, and Least Complicated, and half the rest of their catalog)
2. Open Window, by Sarah Harmer
3. Women & Men, by They Might Be Giants
4. No One is to Blame, by Howard Jones (shut up; it's a great song)
5. The theme from Hill Street Blues (heh heh)
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire
1. Buy a fancy overpriced condo in a great neighborhood
2. Quit my job without worrying about having another one lined up
3. Book small-venue concerts with my favorite artists, and pre-screen all attendees*
4. Offer to pay the tuition if my little sister would go back to school
5. Donate to various worthy causes and candidates
* I would still let other people attend, to recoup costs of the event, but my friends and I would be guaranteed front-row positioning, and the pre-screening would ensure no one ever has to put up with "That Girl"--the girl who's in front of or behind me at every single show, either having loud conversations with her friend, or flailing her arms about as though there are no personal space issues at play, or shoving herself into my back or arm... You know That Girl. She's not welcome at my shows.
Five bad habits
3. The tendency to pile crap up instead of putting it in its proper place (this is probably covered by #1 & 2, actually...)
4. & 5. A couple other things I don't feel like admitting publicly
Five things you enjoy doing
2. Watching movies
5. Playing board games
Five things you will never wear again
1. Poufy bangs
2. A bandana as a necklace
3. Culottes (or gauchos, or whatever anyone's calling them in any given year)
4. Turtlenecks with little pictures printed on them
5. Pleated khakis
Five favorite toys
1. Fabrizio, my new not-iPod (it's a Creative Zen Sleek)
2. Knitting needles
3. My computer
4. Electronic Boggle
5. DVD player
As usual, I left off the "who you're tagging" part. If you want to play along, consider yourself "tagged." If not, as you were...