Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Leaving... on a Jet Plane

I'm heading out of here tomorrow for a much-anticipated island getaway. The last time I took any sort of "real" vacation was my trip to Cozumel three years ago. [I do not consider a long weekend at a cabin two hours from home a "real" vacation, nor do I look back on my trip to Pittsburgh for a wedding as any sort of exciting tropical holiday (no offense to the bride or groom, of course).] So a week in Jamaica seems well overdue.

I doubt I'll be hunting down an Internet cafe to check in while I'm gone, so you likely won't be hearing from me for a while. (You'll come back, though, won't you? Please?) Oh, and if anyone's reading this who doesn't know me but has somehow figured out precisely where I live, please don't rob my house while I'm gone. Really; I have hardly anything worth stealing anyway. Trust me. Do you think a house that hasn't even splurged for standard cable is the go-to place for shiny, expensive toys? I think not.

Anyway, have a great week. I'll be back when I've got sufficient rum in my system and a sufficient tan on my pasty-whiteness.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip!

Darren said...

Woo-hoo! Have fun! Don't eat hamburgers (trust me)!

Mair said...

Wear sunscreen! Oh, and have fun. ;-)

Stefanie said...

Darren--I don't even remember seeing hamburgers on a menu (except at a place in the airport, where I actually did have a burger, and it was pretty good). I'm guessing Jamaica isn't known for its beef, though, so it's good advice. I'd recommend staying away from the bacon as well (based on my experience, anyway).

More updates later... (Still trying to catch up post-vacation)

Stefanie said...

Oh, and Maliavale--I think I wore TOO much sunscreen! My beautiful island tan is already fading! :-(