Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Four-play

Yes, yes, I know I'm being inconsistent and selectively choosing when I'm anti-meme and when I'm not, but haven't you heard it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind? Besides that, even Dooce did this one, so it must have some shred of intrigue to it. Anyway, whatever the rationalization, here we go: the infamous "Four Things" meme...

Four jobs I've had

  1. Dishwasher and banquet waitress at the supper club where 80% of my town's wedding receptions and class reunions are held
  2. Field tester for Tecumseh lawn mower engines
  3. Linen crew manager in my college's residence halls
  4. Cheese packer (i.e., packaging assembly line worker) at Land o' Lakes

Four movies I can watch over and over

  1. The Sound of Music
  2. Say Anything
  3. Never Been Kissed
  4. Bridget Jones's Diary (just the first one, of course)

Four places I have lived
  1. A tiny town in Wisconsin that due to some ridiculously misguided desire for semi-anonymity I'm still too paranoid to name. (I'm likely the only Stefanie with an "f" ever to live there, if that helps at all.)
  2. Eau Claire, Wisconsin
  3. Dalkeith, Scotland
  4. Minneapolis, Minnesota

Four TV shows I love
  1. Gilmore Girls (even if it is, clearly, well past its peak of excellence)
  2. The Office (initially just the British version, but the US incarnation has grown on me as well)
  3. The Simpsons
  4. The Mary Tyler Moore Show

Four places I've vacationed
  1. Paris, Nice, Barcelona, Florence, and Rome (all part of the same two-week spring break during a semester abroad)
  2. Cozumel, Mexico
  3. Acadia National Park, Maine
  4. Mishicot, Wisconsin (by far the most exciting on this list, as you can well imagine)

Four of my favorite foods
  1. Taco Bell's Seven-Layer Burrito
  2. The Siciliana from Pizza Nea
  3. Sesame Chicken from Yin Yang (I live nowhere near there anymore, and I really need to find some good sesame chicken in my current neighborhood)
  4. Frozen Colorado Bulldogs (Is alcohol a food? Surely it should qualify...)

Four sites I visit daily
  1. Salon
  2. CNN
  3. Merriam-Webster
  4. Natalie Dee

(Yes, yes, I know I've left every one of my favorite bloggers off this list, but I can't narrow it down to just four, so I unreasonably just skipped that whole category entirely.)


Four places I'd rather be right now

  1. On a beach in Jamaica (or on a beach anyplace warm and not war-torn)
  2. In a pub in Dublin
  3. Under my down comforter
  4. Anyplace where an attractive man is telling me I'm beautiful and clever


Four people I'm tagging
Eh. If you haven't played yet and feel inclined, be my guest.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stef, if I still had a blog, you know I'd pick up on this meme!

Hey, how did you find the Natalie Dee site originally? Did you know she's from Columbus (and even had a column in the local rag "Columbus Alive")? Cool! Her drawings remind me of another site: explodingdog.com where you can send in a phrase and the artist will draw a picture for it. My friend Sarah and I sent one in one time. I think it was, "What the poo poo?" back around 2002. Ah yes, we were so mature.

Stefanie said...

I'm trying to remember where I initially stumbled across that one, but I really can't recall. I was going to ask you if you knew of her, though, because of the Columbus connection and all.

Paisley said...

Hey, are you me? Except for the Wisconsin thing, but my mom grew up in Spring Valley so I have been to some small hamlets in Wisconsin. :)

Stefanie said...

Am I you? I don't think so... but it's a funny question, because Poppy once sent me an email with a very similar sentiment after a post a while back. Guess I'm not the unique individual I'd hope to be... ;-)

L Sass said...

OK, no Up North, but also...

No "Wisconsin Dells"??
No "Door County"??

What kind of deprived 'Sconnie childhood did you have?