- Miles and miles of bike routes and walking paths... along rivers, around lakes, on old railroad lines, and beside gorgeous old homes that I could never afford but love to look at.
- The fact that even in the middle of the city, it's so easy to find quiet green patches.
- The Stone Arch Bridge and St. Anthony Main. We really need some better restaurants down there, but the block is just so pretty, I can easily accept the limited (and overpriced) options.
- Drinks on patios and rooftops.
- Movies in the park.
- Outdoor concerts.
- Ice cream at Grand Ole Creamery and Izzy's. (OK, those are both St. Paul, but this is an equal opportunity list. I have no qualms about venturing across the river as often as necessary.)
- Summer festivals involving fried food and things on sticks.
I hope your weekend was as lovely as mine. Tell me, how's your summer going so far?