Saturday, January 07, 2006

And now, a pause for station identification

I just wanted to say hello and welcome to everyone who's been stopping by from Look at Me, Jurgen Nation, and Poppy Cedes lately. And thanks, Darren, Stacy, and the woman I will refer to only as Poppy [your secret identity is safe with me!] for the link publicity. Someday I will actually get around to creating a links list in my sidebar, and I assure you there will be reciprocity when that finally occurs.

My posting gets rather sporadic sometimes, but if you're new here, go ahead and check out the archives. There might be some amusing things there, and if you haven't been here before, it's all new to you, right? My friend Dale (who will maybe one day actually step forth from his lurking position and post a comment or two) liked this one in particular. My friend Jamie once told someone at a party that my blog is "mostly about pineapples," so I guess this and this are the entries she finds most memorable. I got a few amusing emails in response to the one where I held my own private traffic school, so you might want to check that one out if you missed it as well.

If you're up for a longer story, perhaps you'd like to read about raising little heathens or why I hate Bret Easton Ellis, or the Benny Hill magic hour at Summerfest, or why my house might be haunted.

If, on the other hand, you don't have the time for the rambling and would rather read the short entries about random things I find amusing throughout the day, try the one about the Fra-GEE-lay crate, or the one listing my co-workers' abuses of the office refrigerator, or various thoughts on my birthday cards. You might also like to read about my fascination with squirrels, my attempt to encourage good taste among four-year-olds in video stores, my inability to use a microwave or to successfully respond in basic social interactions, or my interest in modern Somalian pirates.

Again, thanks for stopping by. I hope to see you back here soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, I'm going to be reading these forever. I'm rolling on the floor laughing about your mom's purse! My mom's is the same way!!! I asked for something once (a mint?), and she was taking stuff out for 15 minutes before she got to the grimy, quarter and penny filled bottom of the bag. And then she pulled up a dirty smashed mint not even in the sealed thing.

Is there a point where women just throw up their hands and say, "I GIVE IN!" Because I don't want to carry a tote bag that weighs 15 lbs.

Stefanie said...

Was it a Certs she dug out, by any chance? My mom always has a nasty-looking roll of Certs in that tote bag. Never take the top one (with all the purse fuzz on it). That's the "buffer Cert."

Poppy said...

I was also intrigued by the Somalian pirates. But, I think I'm easily intrigued. :)

Anonymous said...

Nope, you know the Brach's mints that some restaurants have in a bowl, for you to take a few on the way out? I swear, she dumps the whole thing in there. And buffer cert!! ROTFL! Have you ever asked to borrow a...erm, feminine product? MY GOD. I'll pass; thanks.

Darren said...

You had me at your "could care less/couldn't care less" complaint.

Stefanie said...

Darren, if I remember correctly, someone once wrote on your blog that "[you] had [them] at Asian hookers." That's a significantly more interesting way to win over a reader than any pet peeve about language misuse, but I'll take it anyway; thanks. :-)