Saturday, November 24, 2007

Blah blah blah

It's twelve minutes to midnight, and I've spent the last hour staring at a post that I assure you, none of you want to read. Thanksgiving weekend has put me in a bit of a funk... rather than making me focus on all of the positive and good things in my life, I'm stuck in a crisis of mortality and loneliness that is not at all the norm for me. This is the sort of day that it's really best not to blog, but when you've committed to this NaBloPoMo nonsense, that "Close" button in the upper-right corner is really not an option. I must post something, so here I am rattling on nonsensically.

And now it is four minutes to midnight, because apparently when I am at a loss for things to write, it takes me eight minutes to write one paragraph. Also, I have apparently lost all ability to do math, as I had to count on my fingers to determine the elapsed time from one paragraph to the next. Also (also), I have had wine. Perhaps we can blame the unnecessary funk (not to mention the lapse in math skills) on that.

Regardless, I will be back tomorrow with hopefully more positivity to share. For now, hope you all had a lovelier Thanksgiving weekend than I. Peace out and good night.

9 comments:

steve said...

I've been wanting to click on that close button pretty much every day this month.

Good of you to stick with it, though. Tomorrow's a better day.

Aaron said...

I was going through a pretty lousy existential crisis for a while there last month, and I blogged about it a bit too much. I admire your restraint. Then again, it made me feel better to vent, and besides: it's your blog. Who cares if "none of us" want to read it?

Sorry your Thanksgiving weekend is such a turkey.

Sorry also for the pun.

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

I'm the first girl to comment! Yeah!

Sorry to hear you had a rough time. Every now and again I think the holidays get to all of us. You'll have a great Thanksgiving next year, I'm sure, or, if you prefer, just come to Italy instead where we don't have it at all :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry it was a rough one, Stefanie... next year, if you like, you can come visit in Boston and we will bundle you up to NH with us where you can eat and drink with abandon.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, dear. I hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm in a bit of a Thanksgiving funk as well. I'm glad you soldiered through for the post, and I hope you're feeling sunnier soon!

L Sass said...

Oh man. I hope your holiday was mostly better and that you feel refreshed today!

Stefanie said...

Thanks, all. I am fine... it's nothing serious; just a bit of holiday melancholy, I suppose (combined with the way visiting my parents has of putting my brain in a weird place). I'll snap out of it soon, I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

It's prob just the hols. My aunt's hubby died almost a year ago to the day of Thanksgiving. We went to her house this year. She broke down and cried while saying grace.