Saturday, November 10, 2007

This totally counts as a post, OK?

All right, at this rate, I am never going to finish the Encyclopedia of Me by the end of NaBloPoMo. I am allotted four non-alphabet-related posts for the month, and already I've used three of them. Perhaps I can be like the old-timey telephones and just skip Q and Z... That would bide me a few more non-letter days to ramble on as I see fit, right? But no. Those are not the rules I laid out in the beginning, and anyone who's ever played board games with me knows "by the rules" is the only way I know how to play.

At the moment, however, the H post is just not flowing, so I'm putting it off for tomorrow. Both of my arms hurt (one from that damn tetanus shot and one from today's yard work), and I'd rather curl up with my dinner and Pan's Labyrinth than keep typing away futilely at that.

If it's worth anything at all (and I'm sure it's not, of course), I think I broke my toe taking pictures for the H post. The things I do for you, I say. (Yeah, it's all about you, right? It has nothing to do with my own lack of depth perception and attention to my surroundings, either of which might have made me notice the large pipe that I somehow tripped on before I tripped on it.)

Happy Saturday, for those of you still reading on weekends. Back to the regularly scheduled alphabet tomorrow.

7 comments:

Poppy said...

Thank you for breaking your toe for me. In return I choose to compliment you on your penmanship, since I'm staring at your octopus, octopi, octopie card (and the magnets and post-its :). Yah, I know, I'm a dork.

Aaron said...

1. I've actually been meaning to tell you how impressed I was with the alphabet idea. It makes 30 days of blogging easier if you have some sort of theme or template to stick to. The alphabet idea is so simple, yet so ingenious.

2. How, I wonder, did you break your toe taking an "H" picture? So intriguing. Were you taking pictures of hedgehogs? Photographing from inside a hot air balloon? Maybe you were just hopping on one foot, and you came down the wrong way. The suspense is killing me.

Jess said...

I'm excited to see the toe-breaking photos. Also, four posts since I left on Thursday? God damn it, I'll never catch up with NaBloPoMo, EVER.

Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

Where the hell have I been? I *JUST* noticed the new site design. SWEET!!! :)

The Other Girl said...

I'm trying to think of H things it could be. I hope it's hamburgers!

L Sass said...

So, did you like Pan's Labyrinth? I am too afraid to see it. Heard too much about disturbing torture scenes in the movie.

Stefanie said...

Poppy--No one has complimented me on my penmanship since 10th grade. (I'm amazed it's even legible anymore, since I never write with a pen these days.) Also, you reminded me that I was supposed to post my signature for the other Stef-with-an-F...

Aaron--Well, my basement is a pretty dangerous and obstacle-ridden place... it being where I keep the hedgehogs and all...

Jess--I know! If reading blogs didn't qualify as a part-time job the rest of the year, it totally does during NaBloPoMo... (you know, except for the not-getting-paid-for-it part)

FunkyB--Oh, no worries. I didn't switch it up all that long ago. Thanks. :-)

TOG--I am definitely klutzy and accident prone, but if I ever break my toe on a hamburger, there is no hope for me.

L Sass--I did like it. Yes, there were a few disturbing parts, but I wouldn't write off the whole movie because of them. I would still recommend it.