My guest blogger has obviously familiarized herself with my blog, as she chose to let her post continue my alphabet theme. I assure you, however, her chosen subject is not my "L" entry in the Encyclopedia of Me. I may be a liberal with a love of lip balm and libraries, but that's about as far as I relate to this one.
And with that, take it away, anonymous poster!
"L" is for "Leonard."
Leonard, you say? What with the huh now?
I refer, of course, to Leonard Nimoy, otherwise known (to me, and those few select friends with whom I have previously shared this particular attraction) as the SEXIEST MAN ALIVE. (And let me just be clear--I do not have a crush on Mr. Spock. Okay, wait... I do, a little. But I have an even bigger crush on Leonard.)
I'm not kidding. I love him. I have a life-sized cutout of him (as Mr. Spock) in my living room. (Well, actually I have the top half of the cutout--he was cut off at the knees by an evil cat and her claws. Sorry, Lenny!) I used to write in his name in all the sexy man magazine polls. I don't know why he never won.
Seriously, watch this, and then tell me the man's not hot! (And dig those hip backup dancers. Groovy, baby!)
He's a true Renaissance man--actor, writer, director, singer, photographer, and poet. I actually purchased a book of his poetry on Ebay (for $1--what a deal!), and I will quote some of it for you now (with Leonard's own inimitable spacing): (Editor's note: Sorry, guest poster; I don't think Blogger likes the forced spacing. My apologies that this likely won't look as it's supposed to.
You mean so much
I could be
A cushion following you
Wherever you go
To be there
In case you should fall.
I won't do that.
It would deprive you
Of your self-respect
If there is a bruise,
Let me help to heal it.
See? Deep. He wrote it just for me. Really. The name of the collection is "These Words Are For You." For ME. Swoon. He wants to heal MY bruises. (He might want to rethink that particular phrasing, actually, given how clumsy and accident-prone I am. He might not have time to do anything else but tend my bruises, and the world NEEDS his special talents.)
Okay, true confession time. His poetry is crap. (WHO SAID THAT?) But I stand by my declaration of love, nonetheless. Oh, Leonard... I hope you live long and prosper. (Call me!)
Now that I've gotten that off my chest, I'll attempt a quick and dirty list of other "L" items that give or have given me pleasure.
- Lilies, stargazer (Want to woo me? This is how.)
- Lyle Lovett ('nuff said.)
- Lifetime TV movies (You watch 'em, too!)
- Lemons (Tart!)
- Limes (Tangy!)
- Lean Cuisines (The single gal's best friend.)
- Lipstick, lipgloss, lip balm (Say no to chapped lips!)
- Lapidary (Pretty, pretty stones.)
- Language (Duh.)
- Laughter (The best medicine.)
- Libraries (Books, books, books!)
- Limericks (There once was a man from Nantucket...)
- L'Engle, Madeleine (Rest in peace.)
- Lettuce (Something's got to hold the dressing.)
- Liturgy (Rites and rituals.)
- Lift-off tape (What, you've never made a mistake?)
- London (I see London, I see France...)
- Lucy (I Love.)
- Lipman, Elinor (Sometimes you just want a fun read.)
- Lamps (Say no to harsh overhead lighting.)
- Liberals (Lean to the left!)
- Loaves of bread (Take that, Dr. Atkins.)
- Linda Lovelace (Kidding! Wanted to see if you were still with me.)
Okay, now my brain hurts. So I'm going to get the "L" out of here (groan) before I start adding things like "La Brea Tar Pits," "Liberace" and "Loch Ness Monster."
Want to read more anonymous posts? Here's a list of all the participating blogs--one of which is hosting an anonymous post by yours truly. Think you know which one it is? (If so, don't spill it in the comments here! It's a secret. Got it? OK!)
And You Know What Else
Bright Yellow World
Confessions of a Novice
Everything I Like Causes Cancer
Muse On Vacation
Nancy Pearl Wannabe
Not What You Think It Is
Operation Pink Herring
Red Red Whine
Reflections in the Snow-Covered Hills
Thinking Some More
* I doubt even my guest poster caught the reference in the subject line, but surely there are at least a few Rilo Kiley fans out there!