In case you are wondering, my weekend was fairly uneventful. Liz flirted with a cute Ukrainian. I, on the other hand, did no such thing. I did, however, take a friend to the airport, pay my bills, do a few loads of laundry, and sweat through about three hours of ironing. (Will I ever learn not to buy ironing-required clothing? Will I ever iron any of it promptly, instead of waiting until half my wardrobe is clean but wrinkly at the same time?? Apparently not.) I also cleaned my tragic hole-in-the-shower bathroom (frankly I don't know why I even bother anymore) and finally started scraping the loose paint from my garage in preparation for repainting. AGAIN. Oh, and I made a proper dinner that wasn't a salad, and it was deemed a rousing success by everyone who tried it (and by everyone, of course I mean ME). (Thumbs up on Jess's Thai Coconut Chicken... or, Thai Coconut Shrimp, in my case, as shrimp was what I had on hand. Yum.)
All in all, it was a whirlwind weekend of excitement around here, I tell you. You're jealous, of course, I know. The Year of Stef is clearly in full force.
Oh. Also, I spent ten fun-filled minutes clearing old text messages off my cell phone, because there is no way (or, no way that I have discovered) to delete messages in bulk instead of tediously one message (with three button presses each) at at time. On the down side, my inferior storage-challenged phone is still near capacity. (I grew tired of this project after deleting only about 40 messages, and I've accumulated many more than that in the two years I've had the dang thing.) On the up side, I got at least some small amusement at the old messages I scrolled through during this process. To wit...
- Kohl's has cream underwear. Pretty ones, even!
- I am choosing to obey the red arrow.
- Admit it. The bats are an elaborate hoax. There are no damn bats!
- You are a comma master. Your grammar prowess knows no bounds. Happy now?
- Who do you think you are talking to? "Pressurized pastry things"? As if I have any idea what that means.
- Can't. Going out for wine and looking for boys.
- Did you just watch Once, or did [name redacted] do something insane?
- T9 knows Frida but it doesn't know Stef? Fine, you can call me Puff.
- I know! Didn't Rory Gilmore teach me anything??
- Do you think M would love or hate an ashtray that says "Jesus hates it when you smoke"?
- I just bought seven bottles of wine for $46. Am awesome.
So what's the strangest thing you've found in YOUR phone lately?